You can alter this recipe to your liking. If my husband had his way he would add mushrooms and black olives.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 medium onion
- add 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 small bay leaf
- add 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- add 1/2 tablespoon salt
- add 1/4 cup green peppers
- add 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 7 (6 ounce) cans water
- add 1/4 cup oil
- add 1 tablespoon sugar
- add 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- In a 8-quart pan saute' onion, green pepper and garlic in oil.
- Add tomato paste and water.
- Stir until smooth, then add rest of the seasonings.
- For Meat Sauce:
- In addition to the above ingredients, brown 1 pound Italian sausage and 1 pound of ground beef and add to sauce.
- Simmer uncovered for 1 to 2 hours.