If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 lb spaghetti<br> 1/3 cup olive oil<br> 4 cups chopped scallions (from 4 bunches) <br> 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped<br> 1 teaspoon <a href ="/recipes/recipe_views/views/106139">finely grated</a> fresh lemon zest<br> 3/4 teaspoon salt<br> 1/
- Cook spaghetti in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- While pasta cooks, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook scallions and garlic, stirring occasionally, until scallions are softened and garlic begins to turn golden, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer scallion mixture to a blender and add zest, salt, pepper, remaining olive oil, and 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water, then purée until smooth. (Use caution when blending hot liquids.)
- Drain pasta in a colander and return to pot.
- Toss pasta with scallion purée, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste over moderate heat until pasta is well coated.