A very simple, very quick, pasta recipe that will feed you well when you haven't got oodles of time to spend in the kitchen. A salad of purchased baby greens, crusty bread, a glass of red wine and you'll be happy, I promise.
- add 1 garlic clove
- add 1 cup feta cheese
- add 1/2 cup green onions
- add 1 (1 lb) can tomatoes
- add fresh ground pepper
- add 1 teaspoon dried oregano (Mediterranean is best)
- add 1/2 lb mushrooms
- add 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- add 1 teaspoon sugar
- add 3/4 lb spaghetti
- add 1 (1 lb) can tomato sauce
- add 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oregano, mushrooms, green onions and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, olives and pepper to taste.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add parsley and red wine vinegar.
- Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Place sauce on pasta.
- Top with cheese and serve.