This came from a Betty Crocker cookbook. It's simple and really great.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- add 2 1/2 cups water
- add 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- add 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- add 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1 medium onion
- add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- Heat oil in 10" skillet over medium heat.
- Cook rice and onion in oil about 5 min.
- Stir frequently, until rice is golden brown and onion is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer about 30 min.
- Stir occasionally, until rice is tender.