Very flavorful. Goes well with either Spanish or Mexican food.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth or vegetable broth
- add 1 sweet onion
- add 1/4 cup frozen peas
- add 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- add 1/4 cup sliced black olives (may use sliced stuffed green olives as well)
- add 10 cloves garlic
- add 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and add chopped onion and sliced garlic.
- Cook until tender and lightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat, and place a thick towel between the pan lid and pan.
- Allow to sit undisturbed for 5-10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.