Servs: 6 Makes: 6 - 8 Servings
Spearmint is a surprisingly good source of vitamin A, fiber, B vitamins, and iron; lemons are a vitamin C powerhouse. This sorbet is a great choice year-round, because both ingredients are almost always available.
- add 2 cups sugar
- add 2 cups lemon juice (about 12 lemons)
- add Zest of 1 lemon
- add 1 medium-large bunch of mint
- 1. Combine the sugar in a saucepan with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until all sugar is dissolved (this is known as simple syrup). Chill for 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, pick off the mint leaves and place them in a food processor.
- 3. Combine 2 cups of cold simple syrup, the lemon juice, and 1 cup of cold water. Pour mixture over the mint leaves and puree until smooth.
- 4. Stir in the lemon zest.
- 5. Chill for 1 hour and then process in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's directions.