These are wonderful appetizers. My guests rave about them and they disappear fast! You can use prepared breadcrumbs but they don't taste as good as with the homemade ones.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- add 6 slices white bread
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- add 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach (thawed & drained - squeeze out all the moisture)
- add 2 eggs
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- add 8 shallots
- add 1/4 cup grated asiago cheese
- add 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- add 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- Place toast in a blender or food processor and blend until finely crumbed.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and chill for at least three hours or overnight.
- Form into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Balls can be covered and refrigerated at this point for up to twelve hours.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.