This is so good and different.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups diced tomatoes (I use canned)
- add 2 teaspoons minced crumbled dried thyme
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 4 cups chicken broth
- add 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- add 4 minced garlic cloves
- add 5 cups cooked black beans, with one cup of cooking liquid reserved (or use canned beans)
- add 2 medium chopped onions
- Melt butter and oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for an additional three minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove three cups of the soup from the pot and process until smooth, adding the puree back to the soup after it is pureed. (Do this in batches to avoid having hot black bean soup all over your ceiling!)
- Reheat until the soup is thoroughly warmed again.