Cajun seasoning spikes this soup with heat, so adjust according to your taste. Serve with: Jalape?o corn bread and carrot sticks. Dessert: Cheesecake topped with thawed sliced frozen peaches.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- add 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- add 3 to 5 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- add 2 1/2 cups bottled clam juice
- add 2 14 1/2-ounce cans diced tomatoes with caramelized onion, in juice
- add 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach leaves
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- add 1 garlic clove, pressed
- add 1 pound lump crabmeat
- Whisk oil and flour in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat until smooth and golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add enough Cajun seasoning to season to taste and stir 30 seconds.
- Add clam juice and stir until smooth. Add tomatoes with juices.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3 minutes. Add spinach, thyme, and garlic and simmer until spinach is just wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add crabmeat and simmer until heated through, stirring gently.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls and serve.