A rich, spicy cheese dip that is a must for parties and get-togethers. It also works well as a sauce. You can make it as mild or as spicy as you like, depending upon the type of sausage and/or Rotel you use.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 lb sausage (chorizo works well, too)
- add 2 cans Rotel tomatoes (for added spice use the "Extra Hot" flavor)
- add 32 ounces Velveeta cheese
- Crumble sausage and brown in skillet.
- Place Velveeta and Rotel into a crockpot and heat on high.
- Once sausage is browned, add it to the crockpot.
- Continue heating on high, stirring occasionally, until cheese has melted.
- Turn heat down to low, get out the tortilla chips and beer, and enjoy the ballgame.
- This recipe works as a sauce as well.
- If you are having a large get-together, I recommend doubling the recipe, it's usually the life of the snack buffet.