Delcious and addictive little appetizers. Very easy and impressive. Use more jalepeno if you want more of a kick!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 minced garlic clove
- add 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or sharp cheddar cheese
- add 2 medium finely diced and de-seeded jalapeno peppers
- add 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
- add 1 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro (optional)
- add 1 (8 ounce) package egg roll wraps
- add 2 tablespoons chili powder
- add oil (for frying)
- add 3 ounces cream cheese
- Pulse corn in a food processor or blender until chopped but not mushy.
- In a medium bowl, mix corn, cilantro, garlic and jalepeno pepper.
- Stir in chili powder and mix thoroughly.
- Add cream cheese and shredded cheese and mix until well blended.
- Place heaping teaspoonful of cheese mixture in center of egg roll, folding it up envelope style as directed on egg roll package, moistening edges with cornstarch and water mixture making sure it is well sealed.
- Continue until mixture is all used.
- Heat oil in pan to 350°F.
- Carefully drop egg rolls into oil and fry until golden brown, turning once.
- (approx 3-5 min).
- Serve with Guacamole or Sour Cream.