Servs: 56 Prep: Cook:
I had always wanted to make meatballs but was never content with what I found. So I took a basic recipe and made it my own
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 pound of ground beef
- add 1 pound of ground veal
- add 1 pound of spicy Italian sausage
- add 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs (add more if needed).
- add 1 table spoon of garlic
- add 1 table spoon of Italian prasley
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon of pepper
- add 1 egg (add more if needed).
- add 1/2 cup of Parmesan regiono grated
- Preheat oven to 375
- Add all the above ingredients together. They are all friends. Work in the half cup of bread crumbs and one egg. If the mixture does not stick add another egg and more bread crumbs to absorb the moisture, alternately you can add cheese.
- Once mixed form meatballs to about the size of a golf ball. the bigger they are the longer they will take to cook.
- Place balls into a roasting pan and then top with either home made sauce or canned sauce (do not worry your friends wont know the difference)
- roast the meatballs from 45 minutes to an hour checking ever 30 minutes then 45 and finally and hour.
- Once meat balls are cooked stir them up with the sauce as the juice from the meatballs will thin out your sauce you can add tomato paste starting with 1 table spoon adding more for a thicker sauce (stopping at your liking) and serving over angle hair to fettuccine.