From the California Pear website - found this while looking for a totally unrelated one & it sounded intriguing. If you make it before I do, be sure and leave a review.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 3 eggs
- add 1/4 cup bourbon
- add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- add 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 3/4 cup softened butter
- add 2 cups powdered sugar
- add 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- add 1 cup chopped pecans
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- add 1 teaspoon orange juice
- add 1/4 cup heavy cream
- add 2 cups granulated sugar
- add 1/3 cup bourbon
- add 3 cups peeled & diced slightly under-ripe california bartlett pears
- add 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray a 10-inch bundt pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together sugar and butter until light.
- Add eggs, bourbon, and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- Add flour, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, and salt, and beat until all ingredients are combined.
- Stir in pears and pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly and turn pan over, releasing cake onto a plate.
- **For Bourbon Glaze:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add brown sugar, cook and stir for one minute.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients until smooth and bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Place slices of cake on dessert plates and drizzle with hot glaze.