Wontons filled with Spinach and Tofu
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- add 5 ounces sliced baby spinach
- add 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- add 25 wonton wrappers
- add 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- add 15 ounces firm tofu
- add 1 large scallion
- add 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat a frying pan and add the sesame seed oil.
- Once hot, add the sliced scallions.
- Crumble the block of tofu over the frying mixture.
- Pour soysauce over it and mix.
- Let that simmer for 5 minutes while you slice the spinach.
- Remove from heat and stir in the spinach.
- Let this cool before continuing to the next step.
- You want the filling to be cool before assembling the wontons.
- Fry in 1/2 inch of vegetable oil.
- 2 minutes on one side, one minute on the other OR until crispy and golden brown.