I found this recipe in a Southern Living Magazine. Hope you enjoy it as much as i do.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 20 round buttery crackers, crushed (about 3/4 cup)
- add 2 teaspoons sugar
- add 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- add 3 lbs yellow squash
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 2 large eggs
- add 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- add 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- add 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- .Cook squash in boiling water to cover in a large skillet 8 to 10 minutes or just until tender.
- Drain well; gently press between paper towels.
- Melt 4 tabelspoons butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and saute 5 mintues or until tender.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in squash, cheese, and next 4 ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 11-x7inch baking dish.
- Melt remaining 1 tabelspoon butter.
- Stir together melted butter and crushed crackers; sprinkle evenly over top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 mintues or until set.