This recipe came from my great great Aunt Ollie. It has been in the family forever. I like it because I prefer a vinegar based coleslaw.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 Large head of cabbage-finely shredded
- add 2 small onions-chopped
- add 1/2 cup sugar poured over cabbage and onions. Let stand.
- add Boil Together:
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 1 tsp. salt
- add 1 tsp. mustard seed
- add 1 tsp. celery seed
- add 1 cup white vinegar
- add 3/4 tsp. salad oil
- Let dressing cool until warm, pour over cabbage mixture and refrigerate.
- Keeps 4-5 days
- Add chopped green pepper and pimentos if desired