These are quick & tasty,you can use strips of boneless chicken breast instead of the beef.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1 tablespoon lime juice
- add sour cream
- add 8 flour tortillas (8 inch/20 cm)
- add salsa
- add 3/4 lb top sirloin steaks
- add onions, we usually use approx. 1-2 depending on size (however much you like,enough to make a good mix with the peppers)
- add 2 small sweet peppers, of your choice (green, red, or yellow)
- add 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- add shredded cheese
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- add chopped tomatoes
- add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1 garlic clove
- Slice steak into thin strips.
- In bowl, mix together 1 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, hot pepper flakes, black pepper & salt.
- Add beef strips and stir to coat, set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in 350 oven for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut onions in half lengthwise and slice into strips, cut your peppers into strips.
- In large non stick skillet over medium high heat, heat remaining tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add onions & peppers stirring for 3-4 mins., until softened, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add beef to skillet, cook, stirrring for 3-4 minutes or until they lose their red color.
- Return onions & peppers to skillet, stir for about one minute.
- To serve, spoon a portion of the beef mixture down the centre of each tortilla, top with your desired toppings , fold bottom of tortilla up over filling, fold the sides in, overlapping.