This is a simply prepared, delicious steak sandwich from The Naked Chef. He prepared it for the movers that helped him on his Moving House episode. I made it myself the day I saw the show; it is delicious!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup arugula or watercress
- add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- add 14 ounces ciabatta or baguette
- add 1-2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- add sea salt
- add 12 ounces chuck eye steak
- add 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (about 2 sprigs with leaves picked off)
- add fresh ground black pepper
- add 1 lemon, juice of
- Place the ciabatta just to warm in the oven for a few minutes at 225 degrees.
- Hear a heavy skillet on the stove top.
- Slice the steak across in half, forming two thin steaks.
- Season your steak with salt and pepper and then sprinkle it with rosemary.
- Place the slices one at a time between two pieces of plastic wrap, or in a heavy plastic freezer bag.
- Bash with a heavy object such as a frying pan or a bottom of a bottle or even your fist until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Rub with a little extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
- Place the steak onto hot pan and sear on each side for just under a minute.
- Let the meat rest on a plate while you cut your bread in half lengthways and drizzle it with olive oil on one side and spread mustard on the other.
- Fill half of the roll with greens, place the steak on top then drizzle over any juice from the meat.
- Slice and serve.