Caramelized onions splashed with balsamic vinegar makes a full-flavored, lower-calorie alternative to a high-fat sauce.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- add 4 teaspoons butter
- add 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/8 teaspoon salt
- add 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- add 2 medium onions
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Cook, covered, for 13-15 minutesor until onions are tender.
- Add brown sugar and salt.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat 4-5 minutesor until onions are golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, cut meat into 4 serving-size pieces.
- Sprinkle pepper on both sides of each meat piece.
- Place on the unheated rack of a boiler pan.
- Broil 3 inches from the heat to desired doneness, turning once.
- (Allow 10-12 minutes for medium rare.) Stir vinegar into onions.
- Spoon onion mixture over steak.
- Sprinkle with parsley.