This solo recipe is very similar to the mall food court offerings. Cooking the chicken breast whole and then dicing will keep the meat moist, and the chef can check to be sure it is done before committing the rest of the ingredients. When adding the spices, just remember that Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 1/4 cup brown sugar
- add 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- add 1 teaspoon onion powder
- add 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- add 1/4 cup kentucky bourbon
- add 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl, add the bourbon to the cornstarch and stir until the cornstarch has dissolved.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the chicken and oil, and stir again until the sugar has dissolved. Then set the sauce aside.
- Coat both sides of the thawed chicken breast with the olive oil and fry for 4 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperture reaches 165 degrees. Remove the chicken and cut into bite size pieces.
- Put the chicken back into the pan, along with the sauce and simmer over low heat until the sauce starts to bubble.
- Serve with rice or noodles.