This is a version of a recipe found on the Very Best Baking Website. This is a easy dessert with nice presentation. Cooking time is chilling time.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- add 1 pre-baked 9-inch pie pastry
- add 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- add 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- add 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- add 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Spread the jam over the entire bottom of the pie crust.
- Microwave the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk about 1 minute or until chips are melted, stirring occasionally.
- Add the extract to the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the jam and spread to cover the jam completely.
- Chill about 1 hour or until the chocolate is set.
- Lay the strawberries over the chocolate in a decorative manner and then sprinkle with the almonds.