Fresh strawberries baked in oatmeal and chocolate cookie that is crispy outside and chewy inside, these are really big cookies... these are the best, your going to love these! You can also cut the strawberries in quarters, depending on how large your berries are, also these oatmeal cookies are still delicious without using the strawberries.
- add 3/4 cup white sugar
- add 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- add 3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- add 2 large eggs
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- add 1 cup chocolate chips
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- add 1 cup butter, melted (no subs please!)
- add 1 tablespoon honey
- add 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Set oven 350°.
- Set oven rack to middle position.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, cream melted butter with sugars and honey until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, oatmeal and salt; mix well to combine.
- Add in the dry mixture to the creamed mixture; mix well until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, strawberries (care not to break too many of the the berries when mixing in) walnuts and raisins.
- Shape into golf ball size balls.
- Place on a cookie sheet (leaving 2-inches apart).
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until set.
- Cool ten minutes before removing to a wire rack.