Servs: 10 Prep:
This is strawberry-shortcake-mixed-together! Quite delicious, especially on a warm summer evening. It can also be made in a Bundt pan (very lightly sprayed with Pam) served with frozen strawberries (thawed) and cream.
- add 1 angel food cake (store bought or homemade)
- add 1 (1 lb) container frozen strawberries, with juice, thawed
- add (do not use fresh strawberries.....juices are essential)
- add 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- add 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- add 1 pint heavy cream or all purpose cream, whipped
- Break angel cake into small pieces.
- Dissolve jello in 1 1/4 cups boiling water.
- Add strawberries and juices.
- Stir, and allow to cool.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour over angel cake pieces and stir to combine.
- Pour into 2-piece angel food pan (or bundt pan).
- Refrigerate till firm.
- Remove sides of pan, put onto serving platter and cut as you would a cake.
- Serve with dollops of whipped cream and strawberries.