Servs: 12 Prep: Cook:
"This is a delicious variation of the popular tomato based appetizer. The strawberries are warm and sweet and the sugar is caramelized and crunchy! Your guests will love it!"
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup white sugar, or as needed
- add 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- add 24 slices French baguette
- add 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat your oven's broiler. Spread a thin layer of butter on each slice of bread. Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Place bread under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, just until lightly toasted. Spoon some chopped strawberries onto each piece of toast, then sprinkle sugar over the strawberries.
- Place under the broiler again until sugar is caramelized, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately.