Servs: 12 Prep: Cook:
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Cake:
- add 1 pkg plain white cake mix
- add 1 pkg strawberry gelatin
- add 1 cup mashed strawberries with juice
- add 1 cup vegetable oil
- add 1/2 cup whole milk
- add 4 large eggs
- add Frosting:
- add 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
- add 1 stick of unsalted butter
- add 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- add 3/4 cup mashed strawberries (drained)
- Preheat oven to 350* degrees F.
- Lightly grease three 9 inch round pans. Set pans aside.
- Place cake mix, strawberry gelatin, mashed strawberries, oil, milk, and eggs in large mixing bowl and beat on low speed for 1 minute. Strawberries should be well-blended.
- Divide batter amoung pans and place in oven.
- Bake cakes until lightly brown (about 28-30 minutes). Remove from oven and allow to cool for 40 minutes.
- Prepare Frosting:
- Combine cream cheese, and butter and mix on low speed for a minute. Add sugar and strawberries. Blend frosting on low until sugar is incorporated.
- To assemble: place one cake layer on plate and spread top with frosting, add another cake layer and frost the top, add last cake layer and frost the top. Use remaining frosting for the sides of the cake.
- Optional: Place fresh strawberries on top of frosting for decoration.