Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
The older I get, the more I appreciate EASY. This is easy. Refrigerated dough and just a couple more ingredients let you make wonderful Danish in a hurry.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- add 2 tablespoons sugar
- add 1 tablespoon flour
- add 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- add 1 pkg (12 oz) crescent-roll dough
- add 1/2 cup strawberry jam (or any other flavor)
- add 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- add 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In small bowl, blend cheese, sugar, flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla until well blended and smooth.
- Heat oven to 375. Unroll crescent-roll dough and separate into three rectangles. On a lightly floured work surface, cut each rectangle in half crosswise, making 6 squares. Pinch together the perforations so no one will know you cheated. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture diagonally onto center of each square. Top with about 1 tablespoon of the jam. Fold one flap across mixture. Fold other flap across the first flap. Brush Danish with egg-water mixture. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.