My kids have started requesting this cake for their birthdays! It is very easy to make. Poking holes into a cake with a fork is fun for the whole family. :) The icing bowl gets licked clean whenever I make this.
- add 1 (12 ounce) can strawberry soda
- add 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- add 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- add 1 cup milk
- add 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- add 1 pint strawberries (to garnish) (optional)
- add 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- add 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Prepare white cake mix according to box and pour into a 9 by 13 pan.
- Bake as directed.
- When the cake is almost done, mix Jell-O, boiling water, and pop together.
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, prick holes in it with a fork, and immediately pour the pop mixture over the cake.
- To prepare icing, gently beat together dry pudding mix, Cool Whip, and milk.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Garnish with strawberries if desired.
- Store in fridge.