A crisp salty pretzel crust complements the creamy marshmallow-fluff-like "white" layer, with a tangy topping of strawberries in gelatin. Much like a strawberry cheesecake, but with the surprise of pretzels! For best results, make Strawberry Pretzel Jell-O only one day in advance, to preserve the crunchy texture of the pretzels.
- add 1/4 cup sugar
- add 1 (16 ) package frozen strawberries
- add 2 cups boiling water
- add 3/4 cup butter
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- add Cool Whip
- add 8 ounces cream cheese
- add 2 cups pretzels, crushed (about 4 cups)
- Crust: Combine pretzels, butter, and 1/4 cup sugar.Press into 9" x 13" bakingdish and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.Cool to room temperature.
- White Layer:Cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar.
- Fold in Cool Whip. Spread over pretzel crust.
- Red Layer: Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in frozen strawberries,Chill until partially set (about 1 hour) and spread over white layer.
- Chill until set and serve.