If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca or cornstarch
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 2 1/2 cups strawberries
- add 1 lb rhubarb, stalks unpeeled and cut into 1 inch lengths (2 1/2 cups)
- add 2 teaspoons sugar
- add 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- add milk or cream
- add 1 pastry for double-crust pie, sufficient for top and bottom 9 inch crust (see recipe #26205)
- add 1 cup sugar
- Roll half of the dough and fit into a 9-inch pie pan leaving a 3/4 inch overhang all around and refrigerate.
- roll the other half of dough into a 12-inch round and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put rhubarb and strawberries into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar, tapioca or cornstarch and salt.
- Combine dry ingredients with rhubarb and let sit for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour rhubarb and strawberries into bottom crust, dot with butter.
- Brush overhang with water, cover with top crust, seal edge and crimp or flute edges.
- Cut steam vents into top crust.
- Lightly brush top of pie with milk or cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes, reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake 25-35 minutes longer, until crust is browned and juices bubble through the vents.