The garden overflows with peppers so I made up this recipe. We enjoyed it, and I hope you do too. Another variation would be to leave the peppers whole just cut off the top, scoop out the seeds & membrane, mix the cheese in with the other stuffing ingredients and stuff the peppers from the top. Bake time would be approximately the same. Serve as an appetizer or a side dish As you can see by the photo, you may substitute small colored bell peppers, anaheim or any other surplus garden pepper you may have, yes even jalapenos!
- add 3 mushrooms
- add 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- add 2 banana peppers
- add 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- add 1 jalapeno pepper
- add 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- add 3 tablespoons onions
- Lay the peppers cut side up in an oven proof dish that has been lightly oiled.
- Mix remaining chopped ingredients (except cheese).
- Spoon the stuffing onto the peppers leaving the edges exposed.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake in 375F oven for approximately 15 minutes.