If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 eggs
- add 10 1/2 tablespoons flour (plain)
- add 1/2 cup rice
- add 1/2 kg beef mince (ground meat)
- add 1 onion
- add 1 large cabbage
- add 1 cup butter
- add pepper
- add 2 lemons
- Bring a large saucepan of water with salt to the boil.
- Meanwhile remove outer leaves and hard stalk from the cabbage.Wash it and put into the boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Mix the mince with the rice, salt & pepper and knead together well.
- Take each cabbage leaf separately and put on each one a tablespoonful of the mince mixture.Fold the two ends of the leaf inwards and roll it up into a narrow sausage shape. Place some spare cabbage leaves on the bottom of the pan then put the stuffed leaves in concentric circles.
- Place a heavy plate on top of them to prevent them from breaking up during cooking.
- Pour water to cover them and boil for 60-80 minutes.
- When they are cooked put them on a flat dish and prepare the sauce. Put the rest of the butter to melt, add the flour andstir.
- Add some stock from the cooked leaves, stirring all the time and beat in the eggs with the lemon juice.Take the sauce off the heat.Serve the cabbage rolls with the sauce poured over them.