OH SO GOOD with a unique taste! If you like vegetable soup then this is similar, but with a little bit of sweet taste.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 (15 ounce) cans beef broth
- add 1 large onion
- add 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- add 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomato puree
- add 1 cup water
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1/3 cup white rice
- add 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- add 1 lb stew meat
- add 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Heat oil in 6 qt.
- pot over medium heat.
- Add beef, saute until browned.
- Add coleslaw mix and onion.
- Cook covered 4 minutes, stirring after 2.
- Add tomatoes, beef broth, water, brown sugar.
- lemon juice and salt.
- Bring to boil.
- Add rice, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, covered, 45 minutes or until beef and rice are tender.