Servs: 10 Makes: 20-25 Prep: Cook:
One of my family favorite recipe.. My son & Husband love this dish..
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 lb ground Beef(Chicken, Turkey) & Italian sausage,lamb
- add I large head of cabbage any kind.(take the hard core out & boil the head of cabbage to half cooked. save the water)
- add 1 cup brown or white rice(cook according to package direction)
- add 1 can of 16 oz diced tomatoes with garlic & herbs
- add 6 cloves of Garlic crushed
- add 1 cup of chopped parsley,chives & leek
- add 1 large onion any kind chopped
- add 1 TBS crushed tarragon
- add 2 eggs
- add 1/2 cup beer any kind
- add 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- add 1TBSP turmeric
- add 1 TBSP of paprika
- add 2 TBSP lemon juice
- add lemon pepper to your taste
- add Sea salt to your taste
- In a large Bowl mix the meat with rice & all the spices.tarragon,chive leek,parsley,garlic & eggs.
- combine well.
- in a large pot pour the extra virgin olive oil.
- take each leaf of cabbage stuff it with the meat mixture.
- wrap the leaf around and place end side of wrap facing down
- in the pot. repeat until all the leaf have been stuffed. ( usually it is about 20 to 25 ).
- pour the diced tomatoes & the water from boiling cabbage cover with a heave plate over the stuff cabbage . over med heat for 45 min.
- let seat for 15 min before serving.