I love these at red lobster so this is the closest version I could come up with.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- add 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- add 2 cups oyster crackers
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 6 slices white cheddar cheese
- add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1 lb fresh mushrooms, approximately 35 to 40 (big enough to stuff!)
- add 1/4 cup celery
- add 2 tablespoons onions
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 lb crabmeat
- add 2 tablespoons red bell peppers
- add 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F Sauté celery, onion, and pepper in butter for 2 minutes, transfer to a plate, and cool in the refrigerator.
- While vegetables cool, wash mushrooms and remove stems.
- Set caps to the side and finely chop half of the stems.
- Discard the other half of the stems or use elsewhere.
- Combine the sautéed vegetables, chopped mushroom stems, and all other ingredients (except cheese slices) and mix well.
- Place mushroom caps in individual buttered casseroles or baking dishes (about 6 caps each).
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of stuffing into each mushroom.
- Cover with sliced cheese.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes until cheese is lightly browned.