Russell loves stuffing mushrooms, and this is one of his favourites.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- add 6 large mushrooms
- add 2 slices bacon
- add 1/4 onion
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1 clove garlic
- add 1 small tomato
- Pre-heat your oven to 190c.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and gently fry the mushroom stems, onion, garlic and bacon until the onion is softened-about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the diced tomato and mixed herbs; mix well.
- Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of oil over the mushroom gills, then pile equal amounts of filling into the caps.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake in a moderate oven for about 20 minutes.