From the Fit for Life Cookbook. If you love mushrooms, you will love this simple recipe.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add pepper
- add 1 clove garlic
- add 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- add 3 tablespoons whole-wheat bread crumbs
- add 8 large mushrooms, remove the stems and chop the stems finely (your choice of mushrooms)
- add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or broth
- add 1/4 teaspoon basil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Saute mushroom stems in oil or broth (nonstick pan works best).
- Add garlic and bread crumbs, and any additional oil necessary.
- Stir in basil and saute briefly.
- Fill mushroom caps with sauteed stuffing.
- Cover with parchment and bake for 20 minutes (or until tender).
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper to taste.