I discovered this recipe in Better Homes and Gardens several years ago. It can be served as an appetizer or vegetable. I make it as an appetizer for holidays, and use portobello mushrooms when served as a side dish.
- add 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1/3 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- add 12 large fresh whole mushrooms
- add 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- add 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Remove stems from mushrooms; chop stems.
- Cook stems and onions in butter or margarine till tender but not brown.
- Add bread crumbs, dill, salt and worcestershire.
- Fill mushrooms crowns with onion mixture; place on baking sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree over for 5-10 minutes (depending on size of mushrooms).