Nice served as a lunch dish or as a vegetable with a dinner.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 red onion
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 2 large red peppers (capsicum)
- add 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- add fresh ground black pepper
- add 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- add 1/2 cup short-grain rice
- add salt
- add 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- add 1 tomato
- add 1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- add 2 garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees.
- Cut peppers in half lengthways, and remove all the seeds and white membrane.
- Cook the rice in large pan of boiling water until tender (about 12 minutes) Drain well and set aside in a mixing bowl to cool.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook onion until soft.
- Add garlic and cook one more minute.
- Add onion and garlic to the rice, along with all the remaining ingredients.
- Mix everything together well, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the rice mixture into the pepper shells, and place them on an oven tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the peppers are soft and the filling is brown on top.
- (Can be made with other coloured peppers).