One of the recipes of the month - March 2005 - in the BBC Good Food magazine.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 5 tablespoons Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
- add 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- add 60 g caster sugar
- add 300 g mixed berries
- add mint sprigs
- add 4 egg yolks
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl and whisk until pale and thick, using a hand-held electric beater.
- Preheat the grill.
- Add the Frangelico to the egg mixture and place the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, making sure the water doesn't touch the base of the bowl.
- Continue whisking for at least 10 minutes, or until the mixture is pale and very foamy.It should have increased in volume dramatically.
- Put the mixed berries into a heatproof serving dish.Spoon the sabayon over the fruit and sprinkle the almonds on top.
- Place under the hot grill for 2-3 minutes, until the almonds and the sabayon colour slightly.
- Decorate with sprigs of mint and serve immediately.