Servs: 16 Prep:
"Other fruits are often used in relishes and sauces, but I decided to make one with my favorites - strawberries and blueberries. I get rave reviews when I serve this fruity, distinctive salsa over meat. It's also delicious atop a spinach or lettuce salad. -Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida"
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 pint fresh strawberries, chopped
- add 1/4 cup slivered or sliced almonds, toasted
- add 1 pint fresh blueberries
- add 1/4 cup sugar
- add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- add 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- add 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, sugar, onion, lemon juice, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in almonds.