This recipe is a fantastic ,healthy, delicious & refreshing for any occasion. especially when you have lots of home grown cucumbers.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2, large cucumbers
- add 1 large green bell pepper
- add 1 red bell pepper diced
- add 6 romaine or large curley leaf lettuce leaves, wash dried and coarsely chopped
- add 2 scallions or 1 well washed leek, coarsely chopped, (white and tender green)
- add 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- add 1/2 cup bottled or canned salsa verde
- add 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- add 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 1 cup regular or reduced fat sour cream or non fat yogurt
- add 1 cup skim or reduced fat milk
- add Pinch of sea salt and dash of ground white pepper
- add Dash of Tabasco to taste
- add juice of 1 lime
- add 1 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
- add 2 clove Of minced garlic
- Finley chopp about 1/4 of cucumber and half of the bell pepper and set a sided.
- Coarsely chop the rest and place in a food processor along with lettuce, scallions or leek and cilantro. Process until pureed but still with texture. Place in large container. Stir in reserved cucumber and bell pepper.
- Add remaining ingredents and stir gently to combine. Adjust seasoning a pinch of salt and dash Tabasco or black or white pepper at a time. Mixing and tasting after each addition.
- use the diced red bell for garnish.
- Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until serving. Best served within 2 to 36 hours. Serves 6.