I love to serve this bread with brunch or as a side dish for a hearty stew.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup olive oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- add 2 cups milk
- add 2/3 cup peanut oil
- add 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (I like aged)
- add 2 cups cornmeal
- add 2 eggs
- add 2 cups flour
- add 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- add 2 jalapeno peppers
- add 2 tablespoons baking powder
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Stir in jalapeno, cheddar& chopped tomatoe.
- In a fresh bowl whisk together the eggs,& milk.
- Stir liquids into the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the peanut oil.
- do not mix too much.
- Lightly oil a cast iron 8" skillet& heat it until very hot.
- Pour in batter& bake at 400f for apprx 40 minutes.
- You may also use an 8" baking pan but allow longer to bake (approximately 20 minutes longer).