A lightly spicy variation of the classic deviled egg. An atkins website recipe, but you don't have to be a low-carber to enjoy these!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- add 1 dozen large eggs
- add 2 teaspoons shallots
- add salt & freshly ground black pepper
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- add 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- add 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomato paste or sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- add 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Hard boil the eggs.
- Let cool, then peel and halve eggs lengthwise.
- Set aside white halves on a plate and transfer yolks to a medium mixing bowl.
- Mash yolks with mayonnaise, sour cream, tomato paste, shallots, mustard, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon filling into egg halves evenly, mounding slightly.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container.
- If you want, for a dinner party and a fancier presentation, use a pasty bag fitted with a star tip and pipe yolk mixture into the eggs decoratively.