These are almost as good as chocolate ...
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add ripe tomatoes
- add 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- add salt and pepper
- add olive oil
- Core the stem area out from each tomato.
- Cut each tomato in half crosswise.
- Take each tomato half in hand- with the cut-side out- and give it a quick, gentle squeeze to force out the seeds.
- Use a finger to sweep remaining seeds out.
- Place each tomato, cut-side up, on a cookie sheet.
- Spray or drizzle olive oil across the top of each tomato half.
- Sprinkle garlic, basil, oregano across the tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in a 200 degree oven for 4-6 hours or until the tomatoes are"dry" to the touch.
- When they are cool, cut each tomato half in quarters and store in fridge-- or start nibbling immediatly.