Start the day off with the best-granola, bran, wheat germ, raisins, bananas, and yogurt! Adapted from The New Basics Cookbook.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 small banana
- add 1/2 cup Grape Nuts cereal (or granola cereal)
- add 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- add 2 tablespoons raisins
- add 1/4 cup all-bran cereal
- add siced strawberries (or other fresh fruit)
- add 1 pinch cinnamon
- add 4 teaspoons sunflower seeds
- add 2 tablespoons honey
- add 1 tablespoon sliced almonds (or walnuts or pecans)
- add 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- Combine the cereals, wheat germ, 3 teaspoons of the sunflower seeds, and the nuts and raisins in a medium size bowl. Stir well to mix, and fold in the yogurt.
- Divide the cereal between two bowls, and top with the banana slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon, drizzle with the honey, and top with the remaining 1 teaspoons sunflower seeds. Add sliced strawberries on top if desired. Enjoy!