If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 small onion
- add 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- add 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- add 3 cups beef broth (24 fluid ounces)
- add 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill leaves<B>Garnish:</B>
- add 1 large egg
- add chopped fresh dill leaves <B>Accompaniment:</B>
- add <B>For meatballs</B>
- add 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- add 1 3/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- add 4 slices firm white sandwich bread
- add 1 tablespoon nonfat sour cream
- add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil3/4 pound cholesterol-free egg noodles such as No Yolks
- add 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- add 3 tablespoons medium-dry Sherry
- add 1 medium onion
- add 1/2 cup lingonberry preserves or cranberry sauce
- Make meatballs:
- Into a blender tear 2 bread slices and grind into fine crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a large bowl. Make more bread crumbs in same manner and transfer to bowl. Finely chop enough onion to measure 3/4 cup and add to bread crumbs. In a small bowl whisk together egg, nutmeg, allspice, salt, and pepper and add to bread crumb mixture. Add turkey and with your hands mix mixture until just combined (do not overmix).
- Form turkey mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls (about 80) and arrange on a tray. Meatballs may be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a 12-inch non-stick skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and brown meatballs in 2 batches, turning them occasionally, about 4 minutes for each batch. With a slotted spoon transfer meatballs as browned to a shallow baking pan and reserve any drippings in skillet. Bake meatballs, tightly covered with foil, in middle of oven until just cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- While meatballs are baking, fill a 6-quart kettle three fourths full with salted water and bring to a boil for noodles. Finely chop enough onion to measure 1/2 cup.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and 1/2 cup broth. To reserved drippings in skillet add Sherry and onion and simmer mixture, stirring and scraping up brown bits, until most of liquid is evaporated. Add remaining 2 1/2 cups broth and bring to a boil. Stir cornstarch mixture and whisk into broth mixture. Boil mixture, whisking, 1 minute and remove skillet from heat. Whisk in Worcestershire sauce, sour cream, and dill and keep sauce warm, covered, over low heat (do not let boil).
- Cook noodles in boiling water until al dente. Drain noodles well in a colander and transfer to a large serving dish. Gently toss noodles with sauce and meatballs and garnish with dill. Put 1 tablespoon preserves or cranberry sauce on top of each serving.