The hands-down BEST deer meat recipe in America. Even those who don't like wild game meat will fight for a piece of this.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups soy sauce
- add 3 cups brown sugar
- add 1/2 lb bacon
- add 1/4 cup white sugar
- add 2 lbs venison tenderloins (a single deer loin or Moose or Elk or Pork or Beef)
- Mix brown Sugar and Soy sauce in a bowl into a thick, sticky brown paste.
- Put Deer Loin in a cooking tray and pour Brown Sugar/Souy Sauce mixture over loin. Roll tenderloin over in mixture, completely covering it.
- Let meat marinate in mixture at least 3 hours or overnight in fridge.
- Remove loin from tray, and place on a slotted bake sheet with a drip pan or aluminum foil below to catch dripping. Don't throw away marinade.
- Wrap a pice of bacon around the very end of thetenderloin, securing the bacon strip with a toothpick.
- Repeat this process until the entire loin is wrapped in ten or so bacon "loops." The tenderloin should look like an arm with a bunch of wrist watches on it, the watches being the bacon strips.
- Drizzle remaining marinade over deer loin.
- Cover loin and bacon strips in a thin coating of white sugar.
- Place on center rack in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on cutting board. Using a knife, cut the loin between each strip of bacon so that you have many pieces of meat, each with their own toothpick.
- You can eat these pieces directly from the toothpick or remove the toothpick and eat like steak. You can thank me later.