A delicious breakfast pancake the way my Granny used to make them.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons sugar
- add 1 cup buttermilk
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1 cup corn kernels (fresh is better but may substitute drained canned corn kernels)
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- add 2 large eggs
- In a big mixing bowl, sift the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the corn kernels; toss to coat.
- In a smaller bowl, add the buttermilk, eggs, and butter; whisk until blended.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients; stir until just blended (don't overmix).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Brush a thin film of vegetable oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter (for each pancake) onto heated skillet; lower heat to medium-low.
- Cook until the tops of cakes are covered with small bubbles and the bottoms are lightly browned; flip pancake and cook until other side is lightly browned.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or powdered sugar and berries.