Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
"This tender and delicious cornbread cake can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. To serve, scoop out each portion with an ice cream scoop or rounded spoon."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1/3 cup white sugar
- add 1/2 cup butter, softened
- add 1/4 cup cornmeal
- add 1/4 cup water
- add 1/3 cup masa harina
- add 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- add 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in the masa harina and water until well combined.
- Put the corn in a blender or food processor and coarsely chop on low speed. Stir the corn and the cornmeal into the butter mixture. In another bowl, mix together the sugar, cream, salt and baking powder. Combine the two mixtures until well blended. Pour the batter into an ungreased 8x8 pan.
- Cover the pan with foil and place into a 9x13 inch pan filled 3/4 inch high with hot water. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean. Remove small pan from water and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.