A quick and easy soup made with ingredients usually found in the pantry/fridge. Can also be wizzed up in the microwave.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- add 50 g plain corn chips (optional)
- add 1 medium potato, chopped coarsely (200g)
- add 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- add 310 g canned creamed corn
- add 4 cups chicken stock (made from cubes is fine)
- add 1/4 cup cream (optional)
- add ground black pepper
- add white pepper
- add 1 medium onion, chopped (150g)
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 1 garlic clove
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, over a medium heat until soft.
- Add the stock, creamed corn and potato.Bring to the boil then simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until the potato is soft.
- Blend or process the soup until smooth adding white pepper to taste. Return the soup to the same pan then stir in the remaining corn and cream. Stir over a low heat until corn is tender.
- Serve soup topped with crumbled corn chips, pepper and chives.